About Campi Cares
Campi Cares is our practice’s philanthropic initiative that was born out of the long standing tradition of giving back to the community. As a dedicated philanthropist and generous contributor to a variety of charitable organizations, Campi Dental’s founder, Dr. John Campi paved the way for a long history of positive community involvement for the practice. Campi Cares today is led by the Campi Families with participation from the entire Campi Dental team. Our practice is not only committed to delivering expert dental care but is passionate about supporting the communities in which we practice and our patients live. Giving back is a passion of ours and is demonstrated in our actions and how we serve our families, communities, and environment. Campi Cares will continue to grow as we strive to create lifelong value and a positive social impact. Our practices philanthropic efforts focus on overall health & wellness, nutrition, and education.
Some of our community contributions and work include:
- Two Educational Annual Scholarships
- Speaking about overall health and wellness, and nutrition at local schools
- Collecting food and toys for local children in need
- Providing backpacks and school supplies to local children
- Collecting and shipping candy to the troops overseas and supporting the Tunnel to Towers Foundation supports local Veterans and First Responders
- Providing free oral cancer screenings
- Sponsoring and volunteering for numerous local runs, walks, and fundraisers
- Hosting educational seminars
- Practicing green initiatives within our office supporting the environment
A History of Community Involvement
Dr. John Campi set a high standard for the rest of our family as well as the entire Campi Dental team, and his legacy continues to inspire us today. Within the community he was well known as a leader, an innovator, and a true pioneer in the field of dentistry. His ambition and dedication to excellence built a name for himself and formed connections that contributed greatly to his career. In his early years in Asbury Park he became involved with both dental organizations as well as local non-profits where he found his passion for giving back to the community. Dr. John Campi’s honorable contributions to the community spanned his entire career, below are a few noteworthy roles he played across numerous organizations from 1938-1981, some of which we are still active in today.
- Founder of the Boys Club of Asbury Park (Now the Boys & Girls Club of Monmouth County)
- Founded and was Director of the Dental Clinic at Fitkin Memorial Hospital (Now Jersey Shore University Medical Center)
- President of Children’s Dentistry of New Jersey
- President Asbury Park Lions Club
Campi Dental is excited to announce the launch of two new educational scholarships. We believe in the power of education and we’re committed to supporting the educational goals of two deserving high school seniors. The scholarships, named the Campi Dental Scholarship Award and the John G. Campi Community Service Award, will be awarded to two deserving students who demonstrate academic excellence and commitment to their communities. Learn more about the Campi Dental Scholarships by clicking here.
Learn More About Our Campi Cares Efforts From Previous Years