2020 Community Involvement
Children’s Dental Health Month, February 2020
Dental Health starts as a child so Campi Cares has taken an invested interest in making sure parents have accessibility to tips to support each and every parent since they play a vital role in their children’s oral health. Developing good habits at an early age and scheduling regular dental visits helps children get a good start on a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. You can start by setting an example; taking good care of your own teeth sends a message that oral health is something to be valued. Anything that makes taking care of teeth fun, like brushing along with your child or letting them choose their own toothbrush, encourages proper oral care.
- Clean your babies gums after feedings.
- Once teeth grow in, start brushing with a soft brush.
- Schedule their first dental visit around their 1st birthday.
- Brush twice a day. Use a pea-sized dab of toothpaste with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Wear a mouth guard in sports to protect your teeth.
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks.
- Assign the responsibility of brushing to your child.
For educational videos and a step by step guide on dental health from All in the Family Dental Care click here: A Parents Guide to Children’s Dental Health
Our doctors and team are excited to be visiting schools within our community throughout the month of February. They will be discussing the importance of oral health with the children and teachers as well as handing out oral hygiene bags that include take home guides for proper brushing and flossing. Stay tuned for some great photos documenting the times spent at schools.